can't hear unless on speaker

Raidersmojo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2005
Burton michigan
I am having a couple problems with my iphone recently which is in terrific condition

when I answer a call, I can't hear all of a sudden. sometimes I can put it on speaker then switch back to normal and can hear or sometimes the ear piece will work and other times it will not (like the last call I made) is there anyway to fix this? is my earpiece about to break?

help if you can

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
have you tried plugging and unplugging headphones from the jack?? ... i don't know why but this tends to fix a lot of speaker issues...

Comment

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
have you tried plugging and unplugging headphones from the jack?? ... i don't know why but this tends to fix a lot of speaker issues...
The reason is that the cutoff switch that turns off the external sounds when the headphone is plugged in occasionally sticks. Inserting and removing a headphone jack a few times unsticks it.

Comment

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Try plugging in the headphones, play some music, then pause it and remove the headphones, you may need to do that a few times. What usually happens is if you remove the headphones while music is playing it gets confused and thinks the headphones are still there and routes the sound through them.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.