iPhone 8(+) Can't hide Wifi networks that are not mine

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rbf1138, May 20, 2018.

1. rbf1138 macrumors 6502

I hate having a whole bunch of neighbor's wifi networks in my "Choose A Network..." list on my iPhone 8. When I choose the info button on any of them, there is no "Forget this network" option. Do you guys know of any way to remove these or hide them? It seems as if you can only "Forget" networks you have been/are connected to. I find this annoying, lol. Thanks!

2. -Gonzo- macrumors 6502

-Gonzo-

That’s how the WiFi selection menu works, they only show up when you go into that Settings menu as it’s ‘Searching for available WiFi Networks’.
    Once logged into your preferred WiFi Network just come out of it and forget about it.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

No way to hide them. Ignore the networks that aren’t yours.

4. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

How would you connect to a new network if it didn’t show networks you haven’t connected to before? Just set it to automatically connect to known networks, and then the only time you will need to see this menu is when you need to see available networks you haven’t connected to.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Your phone should automatically connect to your home wifi so there really isn't a reason to be in that Settings section. And if you're not in it, you won't see them.

6. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Not even Android can help you to hide such information. I would guess if through some methods, you control your wifi chip power, then it cannot search wifi network outside a certain range, then you would not see neighbors networks.

7. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

YOUR "wifi chip power" has little or nothing to do with what you can hear that's being broadcast around you. That's kinda the idea, after all.

8. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

I just put a 0 before my WiFi name so they pop up at the very top from all my neighbors.

9. Turnpike macrumors 6502

Turnpike

x-evil-x's fix is a clever one! 10 points, sir!

10. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

Yei buddy

11. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

And you have to repeatedly choose your network from the list because...?

12. maerz001 macrumors 6502a

maerz001

13. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

well it auto connects but yes. I have a vpn router I switch back and forth to depending on what im using.