Can't import from Sony DVHandycam to iMovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by OMGian, Sep 8, 2007.

1. OMGian macrumors newbie

So the title basically tells the tale of my problems, basically I have a Sony MiniDV Handycam that I have recorded a bunch of video on. I have a correct pin firewire and I plugged it into iMovie and the camera understands it is plugged into the dv cable but not the computer, so I can't upload any of my video. Yes, I have the little slider towards the camera icon and I have my camera set as the VCR, and yes it has been working fine, playback wise and it has a tape in it. So can I have any help?

2. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

Do you have more than one firewire attached to your mac? Sometimes it's the problem. If you do, keep only the one from your cam. If it's not that... I really have no idea.

3. AvidHockeyFan macrumors newbie

I just bought a new 15" MacBook pro, and I'm having the same problem with iMovie 08 not capturing video from my Sony camcorder. It rewinds the tape and records about 1 minute and stops. I switched to iMovie 06 and it captures the video without any problems. This is my first Mac and one reason I bought it was for iMovie 08, as I have many Hi-8 tapes I want to import.

Suggestions?

4. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

capture in 06 then bring back the footage in 08. Weird though! Could be a problem with 08.