Can't import photos to iPhone 3.0, iPhoto 09

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheZimm, Jun 16, 2009.

1. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

It says the files are unreadable yet shows them all as .png or .jpg =/ any help?

2. aforty macrumors 65816

3. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

i meant iPhone, I think you realized that hence why it's in an iPhone thread....

4. aforty macrumors 65816

I didn't guess because I'm not sure how you'd be checking the file extension on the iPhone. Do you mean you're trying to export photos from your iPhone to iPhoto? Do the photo show correctly on your iPhone?

5. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Sry, I didn't want to come out as a smart ass, after I reread my post it seemed it, sorry =].

Now they show up just fine on my phone, but when I open iPhoto this is what I get. Then when I try to import the second picture is what I get.

Dan

Attached Files:

6. aforty macrumors 65816

No problem dude.

Try importing them perhaps using the 'Image Capture' application. I usually get my iPhone photos using that. This just started happening with 3.0?

7. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

hmmm. Well first I tried importing through photo capture, it showed it working but no files went into either the photos folder or a folder I set up therein afterwards. Then I deleted all my photos on my phone, they still showed up on both iPhoto and image capture, I tried to import, no luck. I took a picture but it only recognized the photos that I deleted, trryed to import once again no luck =/. I restarted my phone aand then it only recognized the one photo i took. And I used image capture to import. I'm not going to be using iPhoto anymore, thanks for the help! =]

Dan

8. rayhatfield macrumors newbie

I was having a similar problem and finally solved it by plugging my phone into the USB port on the front of my machine instead of going through my USB hub.

Hope this is helpful.

9. iceburgdesigns macrumors newbie

im having the same EXACT problem and switching usb ports didnt help. ive been trying to fix this for a loooong time. does anyone have any other suggestions?

10. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I had the same problem and solved it.

Believe it or not, the answer is to re-install iTunes.

iTunes contains the core files necessary for iPhoto to interface with the iPhone 3GS, and in particular, handle the video files. It looks like sometimes, the core files don't get written if you updated into the current version.

The best way to go about this is to download the full copy of iTunes. Then, disconnect your iPhone, run the installation so it will copy over your old installation, and then reboot your Mac.

When your Mac reboots, it should be able to properly import photos and videos again via iPhoto.

11. Henrik :) macrumors newbie

Thanks

Hi there

I know this is an old thread, but...

I had the excact same problem as TheZimm described, and after following scaredpoet's advise everything now works perfectly. So thanks very much!

Best wishes :) Henrik