Cant import pics in either iPhoto or Image Capture

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by VoodooDaddy, Mar 13, 2008.

1. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Ive read through EVERY thread I can find about this, done every possible fix anyone has suggested, and cannot get it to import. Image capture show 225 pics to import but wont import them. iPhoto wont show the iphone UNTIL I UNPLUG IT!!! Then when I plug it back in, it mounts the iphone again, and says "loading photos" to infinity. Nothing shows up.

Ive delete the preference files for iphoto and image capture, nothing. It has worked in the past. This is the first time Ive used it for a while though.

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

A restart couldn't hurt. I'm not saying it's a likely fix, but there's no reason not to try it.

Also if there's some way to restart an iPhone, you should try that too.

3. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

Ive repaired permissions, restarted my mac, restored my iphone, nothing seems to work.

4. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

5. jamesschmidtke macrumors regular

care to tell he how you solved this problem voodoodaddy, I'm having the same damn issue and just found your thread! Help' please!

6. ChocoMan macrumors member

ChocoMan

image capture not seeing my iPhone either!!!

image capture not seeing my iPhone either!!!

it used to but won't now....

anyone out there find a fix yet? this is crazy...

7. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, here was my fix. My phone had been jailbroken in the past, and I had used an app called Screenshot. Before performing a restore on the phone I did not delete out a few screenshots I had taken with it. I assumed that restoring would delete everything that I had on there. But apparently not.

After trying everything else I had come across with no luck, I jailbroke my phone again, re-installed Screenshot to see if perhaps there were a few pictures left over that might somehow be causing the problems. Low and behold there were still 2 screenshots on the phone. Once I deleted both of those I could once again import with iPhoto and Image Capture.

Hope it helps.

8. Jonesy99 macrumors newbie

It did!! :) this fixed my import too, just navigate to the DCIM folder on your iphone and delete anything not named IMG*

Many thanks!

9. ShooMoe macrumors newbie

What if your iphone has never been jailbroken??

Question.. I have the same dog gone issue... and my iphone has never been jailbroken.. any suggestions..

Thanks!

10. hondje macrumors member

restore as a new phone

I was having trouble with my iPhone with no pics at all, even when I had taken pics! I finally restored my phone as a NEW phone. It worked! No problems at all. I would also mention: I had tried a restart, and also a restore to a backup. No success. Only a restore as a new phone. Now if I can get all my settings/favorites, etc. back in place!

Ddub

11. ShooMoe macrumors newbie

Yikes

Thanks hondje, that seems like a hefty price to pay. :( I did restore to bakUp with out any resolve.... any one else have another solution.. im still recovering from the restore to bakup...:cool:

12. mediababy macrumors member

This worked for me too (deleting any no IMG named files). Thank you.

13. gumcutter macrumors newbie

this worked for me

Make sure iPhoto > Preferences > General tab has the Connecting camera opens: popup set to iPhoto.

14. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I am sure that since March 2008, the OP has gotten this problem fixed by now. I think you are a bit late...

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Possibly, but if someone is looking for a solution, then this would help. At least he didn't start a new thread.

16. afd macrumors 6502a

I'm now having this problem with my iPhone 4... it hasn't been JB (don't know if that's possible yet) and most of the photps have already been downloaded as they were taken on my 2G and 3G. I'd rather not restore phone and start again.
    Strangely I was able to use image capture on my Dad's mac so wonder if it's some thing wrong with my Mac? My wife's camera and my camera both work but my iphone 4 and iPad won't.
    I am using a G5 iMac, Leopard and iPhoto 5, my Dad has an early intel iMac, Tiger and Iphoto 6.

17. afd macrumors 6502a

Now working. I deleted all my photos from the DCIM folder using PhoneView, this left 263 thumbnails on the phone though, which had to be deleted one at a time... Once that was done I could take pictures and videos that could be downloaded by iPhoto or image capture normally.
    I think that some of the pictures had become corrupted from being transferred from one iPhone to another which was causing the problem with iPhoto.
    Anyway seems OK now.

18. michaeladamek macrumors newbie

Reset iPhoto Preferences

Reseting iPhoto > Preferences > General tab has the Connecting camera opens: popup set to iPhoto worked for me. Just remember to reset iPhoto > Preferences > General tab has the Connecting camera opens: No application if you find this option as annoying as I do.