can't install 10.5

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 50L, Aug 7, 2014.

1. 50L macrumors regular

50L

Hi Guys,

I bought a macbook ( for usage on the road )

I bought it for a fair price because he can't install 10.5 with the installation disk

I always get the error : can't install this software on this computer

here a screenshot :

the macbook is from 2006 or 2007
    [​IMG]

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Cannot really read what the message says and is probably in French - the Azerty keyboard.......

What colour is the install disc - grey ?

If so it is probably not the correct disc for that MacBook - they are specific to particular models. The MacBook you have did not come pre-installed with 10.5 (10.4 Tiger installed) and so a grey disc with 10.5 on it will not work.

Best bet is to buy a Snow Leopard disc (10.6) and install from that...

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Appears to be Dutch (?), not French.
    Anyway, it's a usual message when you try a grey installer DVD that is for a different Mac. It will only install on the Mac that it originally shipped with, or another identical model of Mac.
    If you don't have the correct installer for the MacBook, then you will need to use the commercial Leopard installer DVD, which will be black/purple with a big X across the label.

4. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Your best bet would probably be to just get a retail Snow Leopard disk. Snow Leopard is faster, still has support from the likes of Chrome/FireFox, and will work on any classic MacBook. It's also available from Apple.

You can then upgrade to Lion if you want, but if it's an '06-'07 I'd just use 10.6 for speeds sake. Should be fine.