cant install 6.1.2?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Protopip3, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Protopip3 macrumors newbie

since i upgraded to 6.1 i havent been able to back up my phone to my macbook pro or iCloud. now i can't upgrade to 6.1.2 because it still cant back up. is there any way around this?

2. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Backup to your computer and then update from it too.

Im not sure what to do on the phone end, so you might want to wait for another member to help you.

3. Protopip3 thread starter macrumors newbie

i was able to install the update through OTA but i still cannot back up my phone. im trying to back it up to iCloud right now. it's taking forever though

4. delphus macrumors newbie

delphus

iCloud is a great idea if you rely on a fast Internet connection. If that's not your option, like mine, it's just a pain in the ass. I would stick with iTunes backups. Besides it saves your battery life turning off iCloud.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you are having issues backing up, you need to do a clean restore, set up as new, do not restore to backup.
    Then, if you have any backup on iTunes, use the tabs in iTunes to restore your content.

Your problem will not get fixed until you do a clean restore.

6. Protopip3 thread starter macrumors newbie

went to the apple store today. i did have to restore without a backup (didnt have one). thanks to icloud i was able to keep all the important stuff minus my txt messages. backup works fine now and im able to connect to wifi again. does anyone know what causes the phone to mess up like that in the first place?

7. techbul macrumors newbie

Dude that's sick. I hope they repair all those issues with iOS 6.1