Can't install Adobe Illustrator CS3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hugbees, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Hugbees macrumors regular

Up until now, I've been using the demo versions of Adobe Illustrator on my computer. I've installed it on both Windows and OSX, to pretty much get a 60 day trial instead of 30.

Now I finally have Adobe CS3 Design Premium, but when I go to install the programs, it won't let me install Illustrator because it says it's already installed. I did keep them on incase I planned to upgrade, but it won't even let me. It doesn't give me the option to reinstall either.

I've deleted them both from Windows and OSX, but it still says its installed. How can I purge it completely from my system?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Now that you own the software you can get help directly from Adobe

Rather then "delete" you have to used the Adobe supplied un-installer. The uninstaller was installed along with the other software. The problem is that Adobe likes to scatter files all over the disk. The answer you need is to find and delete the correct file in /library/apps suport/.. Either Adobe tech support can tell you, you can look in there and find them or you can use a program like "App Zapper" to delete them. Either way, Manual delete, Adobe's Uninstall or App Zapper will do the same thing

3. Hugbees thread starter macrumors regular

When I uninstalled it I just dragged the folder from the apps folder into the trash, guess that failed :(

I'll try app zapper, thanks

4. Hugbees thread starter macrumors regular

Alright app zapper isn't going to be a big help here because I don't actually have the application anywhere on the system.

Is there a place where I can download Illustrator CS3? Just to be clear, I'm not asking for anything illegal here, just the install file so I can activate it.