Can't install any Mac OS!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by A Macbook Pro, Jul 2, 2011.

1. A Macbook Pro, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011

A Macbook Pro macrumors 6502

Hi guys. I've got a pretty large issue here. I'm getting a kernel panic or stuck on the Apple logo whenever I try boot into a Mac OS X install DVD. I got into the Lion DVD I made, after getting stuck on the Apple logo for 30 minutes it said install failed or something like that. So I clicked OK, then went into Disk Utility from there and wiped my SL partition. The install still won't work and the only OS I have on there currently is one Windows 7 partition. What do I do? Do I have to take my iMac in for repairs?

EDIT: Resetting PRAM didn't do anything. I can't go into Apple hardware test because when I do it shuts down my computer.

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Have you used the original install disks that came with your computer? Lion requires a Snow Leopard partition to install, according to chatter. I'm sorry if you're already aware of this.

3. A Macbook Pro thread starter macrumors 6502

Whichever OS X install DVD I use gives me the issue. Whether it be the one that came with my iMac, Macbook Pro or even the Macbook Air USB drive (except that gets stuck on the Apple logo without panicking)

4. A Macbook Pro thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep. Tried the stuff there up until reseating the RAM, which I can't do ATM because I don't have a screwdriver on me. Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to speak to Applecare.