Can't install app: "not enough free space"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cycleswithin, Sep 2, 2009.

1. cycleswithin macrumors newbie

So I bought the Monkey Island app via iTunes and downloaded it to my Macbook as I thought this might be faster/easier.

I didn't have enough free space on my iPhone, so I cleared off some music/photos. Now I have about 550Mb free, and Monkey Island requires about 350Mb. However, every time I try and sync it says that I don't have enough free space.

I also tried installing the app directly onto my phone over WiFi, but I get the same error.

I updated to the latest iPhone OS (from v3 to v3.0.1) before trying to sync.

Any ideas?

2. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

I would guess that you don't have enough free space just like it says. I don't know the specs, but you usually need more space to install an app than it actually takes up, just like any computer. How many Gig phone do you have?

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You need twice the size of the file to install (for a temp file). So, you need 700 MB free.

4. cycleswithin thread starter macrumors newbie

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Glad to help.

Why are stating that it is 8 GB?

Edit: Oh, I guess you were responding to the other poster.

6. willpower101 macrumors regular

what about this error in a mac where you are trying to copy a 700mb dmg over a network and also off a usb drive and neither work, with the same error. 30 gb of free space too.

7. JKColo22 macrumors regular

Please start a new thread for this...

8. willpower101 macrumors regular