can't install apps from iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KilGil27, Aug 29, 2008.

1. KilGil27 macrumors regular

KilGil27

every time I try to update an app through the app store, it tellls me that I can't install it now and it will be available when I get onto itunes... any way to fix this?

2. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

Yeah, I've been getting this same problem.

Lots of times, my iPhone does a hard reset on its own before being able to install and will not install successfully. So, I have lots of experience with this.

What you need to do is, connect the iPhone to iTunes.

Then, in the menu bar at the top of the screen, their is an option to "Check for purchases" or something like that (sorry, I am at work and not in front of iTunes... just look for something like that.) I think it is in the advanced menu.

iTunes should then download the application and install onto the iPhone when you sync.

If you get an error about the application not being able to install, then you need to click on your iPhone in the devices section of iTunes and deselect the application from syncing. Sync to fully delete the application.

Then, select the application to sync and you should have no problems.

Unfortunately, you may lose saved data depending on the application.

It has been a long time since I have experienced this many problems with any of Apple's products. I just don't think they are keeping up with the growth of their company and product line, and as a result, quality standards have certainly declined. My iPhone was great until 2.0 came out. Hopefully, they will get back on track.

Let me know if this worked. If you are having trouble following my steps, I will repost when I get home later today and I am in front of iTunes to tell you exactly where and what to click.

3. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

thanks for your reply, ive been having the same problems. will give it a whirl now.

4. KilGil27 thread starter macrumors regular

KilGil27

Yea im at work too, so I can't try it right now, but I'll give it a shot once I get home. Thanks

5. Stocktrader macrumors member

I had the same problem all along. I just turn OFF WIFI and have no problems connecting to the store. When I'm done downloading, just pop WIFI back on and good to go.

6. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I can't seem to update apps on the iPhone anymore ... and I used to be able to.

Thinking about doing a hardcore clean out (aka restore). Haven't done one yet, maybe it'll help.

7. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

I tried a restore a week ago, but did not work for me. The problems persist.

Go ahead, try your luck.

8. MelodyR macrumors newbie

My wifi was already off but turning it ON worked for me

9. James321 macrumors newbie

The same problem over here. Thank you guys for your suggestions. Helped alot :D

10. JerseyDoug macrumors regular