Can't install apps on dads iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluelondon, Sep 15, 2008.

1. bluelondon macrumors regular

Hey guys, i was told that apps i've purchased can be installed for free on up to 5 other iphones (some said it's only 2 not 5). well i hooked up my dads iphone just now to install some stock market app for him and when i try to install the app on his phone from my itunes, i get a pop up message saying

"the application "istockmnger" was not installed on the iphone "xxxxxxxx iphone" because you are not authorized for it on this computer"

what does that mean? how can i authorize the phone for my computer and be able to install my apps for him?

thanks for any help.

2. MCRunning macrumors 6502

You have to use the same iTunes account in which you purchased the app on. Most likely your dad's iPhone is linked to another iTunes user.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You have to be on the same iTunes account, and that message is saying that the iPhone is not of the same account.

TEG

4. bluelondon thread starter macrumors regular

but when i go to itunes/appstore on my dads phone, it says NO ACCOUNT at the bottom, it hasn't been assigned to any account yet :confused:

5. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Try syncing the phone and transfer the account first, and then sync to install the app.

6. bluelondon thread starter macrumors regular

ok i did and now it works, i can install apps but for some reason the istockmnger won't install, keeps giving me the not authorized on this computer pop up. weird.

7. Amt macrumors regular

8. bluelondon thread starter macrumors regular

if i knew how i wouldn't have made this thread :rolleyes:

9. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Perhaps you should just play around with the options under tool bar in iTunes...quite simple. Here's a hint, it's under Stores.

10. bluelondon thread starter macrumors regular

got it, thanks coco and everyone else for the help.

11. Dacer macrumors newbie

wow, I have had this problem for like 5 hours, I've been trying almost every possible solution under the sun including changing files permissions and restoring my iphone and after all that..........I just had to click, Store-Authorise Computer.