Can't install CUDA-z for GTX570

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by patlee88, Jul 23, 2012.

1. patlee88 macrumors member

Dear all,

I successfully install GTX570 in mountain lion for macpro 09, and no problem for installing nvidia CUDA driver as well. I realize there is a software called CUDA-z that can show the info. I download the latest CUDA-z but unfortunately it pop up a message that "no card found", this means the siftwares doesn't support mountain lion, or I need to modify something to let the software realize I'm using GTX570?

Thx

2. xav8tor macrumors 6502a

I had the same problem. Below is the solution, courtesy of Rominator, MacVidCards, and netkas org. It is easy and works instantly, no reboot required:

Go to /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries

duplicate "libcuda_295.10.15.dylib"

and then name it:

libcuda_295.30.00.dylib

Sincere thanks again to the guys making this available. Nice work. Please keep it up!

3. patlee88 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. It works. Seems the mountain lion for nvidia ver is "f01" as the earlier standalone driver, any risk to update to latest "f06" driver?

4. Asgorath macrumors 65816

What are the full version numbers you are talking about? The 270.00.00f06 driver will not work with Mountain Lion, if that's what you mean.

5. MacVidCards Suspended

Once you have something working, trying to make it better by tossing more installs from guesswork is only going to lead to trouble.

The ML GM has a functioning GTX5xx and GTX6xx drivers.

There will possibly be a newer Nvidia driver released, but not until ML is official.

ENjoy what you have, trying to fix things that aren't broken rarely helps anything.