Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grimreaper1377

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Hi,

I just jailbroke my iPhone (3g) running 2.1 using quickpwn for mac. Since it only installed installer and not cydia (is this normal?), I tried to get cydia from the sources listed here, but when I try to add the sources it says 'Unable to decode source" The only one that works http://apt.saurik.com/, but when I try to install Cydia, it says "Unable to decode package more info at http://cydia.saurik.com/apptapp/"

Any ideas?

Thanks.

staccato83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
Las Vegas
Well Im not sure how QuickPwn works with a Mac, but with Windows it allows you to install cydia and installer. The boxes to install these programs come checked by default. The only thing I can think of is that you accidentally unchecked cydia during the jailbreak process.

Hope that made sense. My solution would be to restore your phone and re-jailbreak. This time, make sure the cydia box is checked.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
No need to restore.

I would uninstall any jailbreaked apps you installed with installer if you installed any.

Then just run quickpwn again and check both installer AND cydia.

It will just add cydia and reinstall installer on top of the existing version.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
I would restore. Use quickpwn again and it should be there. I would stay away from installer too. It causes crashes all the time.

grimreaper1377

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but there are no options whatsoever in my QuickPwn.

I tried it again, and I still get only Installer.

Thanks.

staccato83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
Las Vegas
That is really weird. There should be a window that comes up with three options in it:

1. Install Cydia (this will be checked automatically)
2. Install Installer (this will be checked automatically)
3. Install Pineapple logo (this will be unchecked)

Again, this was my experience in Windows. Do you have access to a pc?

grimreaper1377

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
That is really weird. There should be a window that comes up with three options in it:

1. Install Cydia (this will be checked automatically)
2. Install Installer (this will be checked automatically)
3. Install Pineapple logo (this will be unchecked)

Again, this was my experience in Windows. Do you have access to a pc?

Maybe the Mac version is different. It only asks if I want to keep the Pineapple logo or not. I'll try it on a PC though.

Thanks.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
can't you just find it somewhere online and SSH it into your iphone?

i backed up every app on my iphone including cydia and installer apps so that i can just ssh them back whenever i restore or whatever.

grimreaper1377

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
can't you just find it somewhere online and SSH it into your iphone?

i backed up every app on my iphone including cydia and installer apps so that i can just ssh them back whenever i restore or whatever.

What directory would I SSH it in to?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.