Can't install IOS 10.2 ?!

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by thehonuohana, Dec 15, 2016.

1. thehonuohana macrumors newbie

Ok... so I have an iphone 6s. The other night I started the download process for IOS 10.2 before I went to bed. It was "requesting update" or "estimating time remaining" for quite awhile.

In the morning it seemed to have downloaded. the "general" setting showed one new update ready to install- but I put it off for the day because I didn't know if it would render my phone useless for minutes or hours.

That night I tried to install the update- but software update showed "your iphone is up to date- ios 10.1.1 . Despite showing the red 1 update available. Then the red 1 update disappeared from the "general" icon but still showed when I clicked on general.

Still in that situation- clicking on general shows I have one update, but clicking shows I'm up to date with 10.1.1.

I've done both hard and soft resets. Plugged into power. Plugged into power with 90%+ battery- no joy.

Plugging into my old mackbook pro offers no joy either- it just offers the second of the 10.1.1 updates (which I have likewise been unable to install).

Anyone else having similiar problems? Thoughts? Advice?

About the only other thing I can add is that my phone is one of the ones covered by the battery recall- and does have that bug. Whch I have not had time to deal with. So I'm especially curious if others with the battery issue have had problems installing either the second 10.1.1 or the 10.2 update?

2. GrievingFob606 Suspended

Try to delete the iOS 10.2 update from storage & usage and try again. Can you show me the screenshot?