Can't Install iWeb from the Installation DVD #1 (iLife08)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by roberths73, Jan 15, 2009.

1. roberths73 macrumors newbie

I reinstalled Leopard last week and I am working to get all of my software up and running. iLife came with my mac pro and I have successfully installed Garageband, iPhoto, etc, but for some reason iWeb did not install. I searched for it through Spotlight and nothing came up.

I put the Apple Install DVD #1 in and launched the INSTALL BUNDLED SOFTWARE ONLY. When I do that and customize the install type (4th option on the list) I see the following.

- Bundled Applications
    / CPU Help Files (Upgrade)
    - iWeb (Skip)
    - Garage Band
    - iDVD
    / iPhoto (Upgrade)
    / iMovie (Update)

- denotes installed software, / denotes checked box for upgrade.

On the list iWeb is ghosted out and I can't click in the checkbox to install it. What gives? I can't remember if this was like this when I first installed the bundled software. I may have just selected standard install, assuming that it would install all the iLife software.

I really don't see why this is so difficult. :( Does anyone have an answer? I haven't found one searching on Google or this forum.

Thanks for your help.
    Rob

Attached Files:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Huh, weird. Try opening the install DVD with Pacifist. You should be able to install from there. Just run the entire iWeb package.

3. msevild macrumors regular

Well to give you a little background information, if the computer already has what is called a receipt for a program, it will not let you try to install it again and will be grayed out(I've only seen this occur with iLife and iWork software installs). So before you try using pacifist, I would suggest going to
    Macintosh HD -> Library -> Receipts -> and deleting iWeb and any iWeb updates should there be any and this should allow you to then install iWeb from the iLife DVD. If there are none there, that is a strange case indeed, at which point I would listen to BlueRevolution and try using pacifist to install the iWeb package for you. Let me know how it goes.