Can't install Java

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kyusha, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Kyusha, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014

Kyusha macrumors newbie

I recently wiped my mac and reinstalled Mavericks, but now I can't install Java. When I download the installer and hit the install button, nothing happens. Please help, I need Java to run eclipse and finish my homework!

Edit - Actually, I can't install anything that is a package

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

I wonder if the mavericks install is faulty? How difficult would it be to reinstall?

3. Kyusha thread starter macrumors newbie

It takes a few hours. I think it is because I deleted the hard drive and then made a new one, since the new hard drive is called untitled. I think that the packages can't recognize the new hard drive, how do you fix it?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

What to you have this pref pane set to in the section Allow apps... ? Try changing it to Anywhere for now and see if you can install apps then. Or try right clicking on the DMG then click "open" and see if that works.

[​IMG]

Just select the Untitled label in Finder then hit command-i and change the name in the box like below. That would not be causing your issue though. Your Mac does not care what that drive is named.

[​IMG]

5. Kyusha thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I can install DMGs fie, but I'm trying to install packages, but the install buttons grays out, then goes back to normal and nothing happens.

EDIT - I went to get screenshots, but it worked this time, maybe I just had to wait a few hours. Can anyone explain?