Cant Install Leopard on used Macbook Pro...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by avpmusic, Jul 17, 2008.

1. avpmusic macrumors newbie

Okay, so i bought a used macbook pro off this guy, he seemed like a good guy, like he wouldnt try to scew me over on a deal.

anyways the macbook pro has 10.4.11 on it, when i asked if he had leopard he said he couldnt get it to install. so that was fine, atleast he was honest. Everything else worked fine, and the laptop was in perfect shape.

so i put in my leopard install disc, and when the screen says "what hd do you want to install leopard on" there are no hard drives shown.

so i go into disc utilites via the disc, and select the hard drive, and go to erase
    it says "Disk Drive Failed, Resource Busy"

i tried to do things like partition, or anything else and it wouldnt let me, it gave me the same error. its weird because it booted off the disk so the hard drive shouldnt be in use right?

anyways what do you guys think? what should i do?

2. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Start by trying again, but instead of proceeding to install Leopard, go to Disk Utility at the first opportunity and see if the error is the same. Perhaps repartition the hard disk (you will lose all data on the drive, including iLife programs, so hope you have the discs to reinstall them!) and format and then try installing.