Can't install Leopard, please help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by myztikal47, Dec 8, 2007.

1. myztikal47 macrumors regular

I have the system discs here from a brand new macbook that is dead due to liquid spillage(you can see my other thread about this). It was less then a week old!! Anyway, I've bought a replacement and I tried to use the system discs to install leopard on this replacement. When I hit restart after inserting the disc, I get to the point where it asks me to choose the install language, and then it gives me the error:

"cannot install mac os x on this computer"

I can't for the life of me figure it out, unless it has to do with my newer system was a Core 2 duo and this is just a core duo? Also, when I click the apple, and go to "About this Mac" the "More Info" button is grayed out....anyone know why that is? The current version on this computer is Mac OS X 10.4.11

Thanks in advance guys!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

The restore discs require the exact model of macbook, therefore the c2d discs wont work in the older cd macbook.

3. myztikal47 thread starter macrumors regular

Gotcha, thanks! Just sucks because I bought this macbook used, I reset the administrator password, and yet, I still can't get access to the System Preferences, or the account settings, I don't know what to do.

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Where did you buy it? You need to contact the seller for the disks.

5. myztikal47 thread starter macrumors regular

I have access to the administrator account, I reset the password using the Leopard install disc, but still, when I click on system preferences it does nothing, nothing comes up....

6. myztikal47 thread starter macrumors regular

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

So you can't access any of the system preferences? ...What if you select system preferences from the Apple menu (upper-left corner of your screen), or try opening the System Preferences app through spotlight.