cant install mac drivers on win xp drive

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by william20k, Sep 2, 2010.

1. william20k macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I have mac drivers cd for installation on win xp drive. but any time i put in the cd to install the drivers it gives an error message and does not install. can anyone assist with some solutions. Thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What specific Mac with what exact Mac OS X version do you use?

What Windows XP version do you have installed on it?

What CD/DVD with "Mac" drivers do you insert, did you mean the grey Restore DVD, that came with your Mac?

"How to maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience"

3. william20k thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac OS: snow leopard 10.6.4 and yes it is the grey Restore DVD, that came with my Mac. As for Win XP version, am not so sure if it is SP1 or SP2 cos it is not original Win XP and how do i find out anyway. The error message says that file 264 cannot be located.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

WHat does it say exactly on the Windows XP CD? Btw, Boot Cam only supports Windows XP SP3 and above, but with some work you could install an older version I suppose. Maybe the search engine of your choice (do we even use that choice?) to find for instructions on how to do so.

5. vistadude macrumors 65816

The windows xp disc has to be SP2 or SP3. Where did you buy the disc from? You can't use an xp disc that came from another computer like dell, hp, etc.