Can't install Mac Lion on PC

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by tacopaco, Feb 11, 2012.

1. tacopaco macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've been trying to install Lion on my PC for about a month and I'm stuck at the same point :(.

My PC runs Windows 7 (partition 1) and iATKOS Snow Leopard (partition 2). Core-2Duo, IDE hard-disk and 2 Gb RAM.
    I've tried to boot two things:

Mac Lion (the official one :apple:, not a iATKOS version) from:
    - DVD: with rBoot, stuck with message "Unable to find driver for platform ACPI"
    - USB: with Unibeast, it boots but I can't see any disk to select to install (no hard-disk).

iATKOS L2 from:
    - DVD: can't boot and stuck at "Still waiting for root device"
    - USB: made using Disk-Utility, it boots but I can't see any disk to select except the USB (not hard-disk).

As you see... I have tried several things and none of them work :mad:.
    Do you have any idea? Do any of you have the same problem?

Thank you!! :D:D:D

2. iFanboy Guest

OSX is not designed to work on non-Apple hardware.

I think third party hacked copies of OSX are available that have some success for certain PC configurations. Google it if you're interested, but I wouldn't use a hacked copy of OSX as my main OS in a million years.

3. tacopaco thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for answering so quickly! :rolleyes:

OK, I thought that if the official OS could do "basic booting", then it was compatible.

What about iATKOS L2? It's supposed to boot and be installed on any non-Apple computer (or at least, that's what I was told). As I have the iATKOS Snow Leopard, I guess that my computer is compatible with iATKOS Lion.

I've seen many posts on the Internet about the "Still waiting for root device" error but none has reached a true solution.

Any ideas? :confused:

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

you will get more help on one of the hackintosh forums.

Apple does put code in osx to attempt to block install on non-apple hardware.

5. tacopaco thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it possible that the reason why the OS installer cannot see my hard-disk is because it is IDE?

Should I see in the "white box" of the installar ALL the disks even though they are not compatible?

As far as I know, iATKOS works well in SATA and IDE. Doesn't it?

6. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

This is a rather interesting question. My first inclination is "no", but then there aren't any Macs Lion is compatible with that still use IDE. Lion will certainly read an IDE device but there is a slim possibility (I doubt this is the problem but I can't say that I know for sure it ISN'T) it won't boot from an internal IDE HDD.

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Please remember the forum rules:

As previously mentioned, MR is not a particularly good place to get info on hackintosh efforts since most users don't "go there".

B

8. blow45 macrumors 68000

bless your lucky stars you can't and stick with snow leopard my two cents.:)

9. tacopaco thread starter macrumors newbie

But, if I boot from a USB, should I see the IDE HDD in the "white box" when I am asked to select the destination disk?

I mean... even though I cannot install it on the IDE, should it be recognized and appear a "crossed" disk icon?

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Check out forums at insanelymac.com, the have specific help geared towards hackintoshes. There are number of members here that have built them here, but getting the depth and breadth of help that you can on that site is not possible

11. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

That's why I specified internal IDE and also said that I was pretty darn sure it isn't the problem, just that it's a remote possibility. An external drive isn't seen as IDE or SATA, it's seen as USB, FireWire, etc.

12. tacopaco thread starter macrumors newbie

OK. Thank you very much for your quick help!! ;)

I'm gonna ask it in instanelymac forums as suggested.

13. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

14. Bad Cyborg macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

But then...

There's a saying: if you know enough to hackintosh, you'd know the hackintosh forums. Is MacRumors a hackintosh forum, or even remotely linked to hackintosh? Last time I looked, NO. Therefore:

[​IMG]

Get a clue!