cant install mac os x from usb or hard drive PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ricetoomuch, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricetoomuch macrumors newbie

i am trying to install mac osx on to my mac, but the problem is the dvd dive broke a long time ago. so i dint bother to go to apple store to get a official osx disk, i downloaded the "osx-leopard105.iso" 7.5gb and restore it on to a 8gb flash drive, i restart my computer holding alt to boot of the usb. it got in to the installing screen and the first page ask me to pick my language, i picked and press next this error msg pops up "mac os x cannot be installed on this computer" i try partition 20 gb out of my hardrive and try restoring the iso off of that and booting it but same thing happen. can anyone please help me?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

If you're trying to install a pirated copy, you'll not get much help here...

3. ricetoomuch thread starter macrumors newbie

i just want to get my mac running again and i dont want to lie saying that i got a brought a copy and burn the iso off that

4. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

R U saying that you do NOT own a legal copy of OS X? If thats the case than you mite be better off replacing the broken drive and at the same time searching for a copy "ORIGINAL" of the OS and going from there, I do not believe that you can install the OS from a jump drive USB drive what ever you want to refer to it as.

I know that it was not doable with Windows OS that a few friends tried doing and they had the Original disks and a license for it.

Also did you try searching the forums for this type of install your doing ?

5. NIPRING macrumors 6502

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.