iPhone cant install updates in app store

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by boxermansr, Sep 12, 2014.

1. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Not sure if this was posted. Trying to get some updates that are posted in the app store, and I keep getting "This item is free in the store. This item will be added to your Purchases, and will be available even if your Family Sharing status changes." It then offers the option to cancel or download. I've hit download about 10 times and the same message pops up again. I don't have family share active, and I was able to install updates yesterday, but today I can't. Any idea?

2. mattjohnson78 macrumors member

Same problem for me... Can download some things yet can't with other things.

3. REDTAZ macrumors regular

4. boxermansr thread starter macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Great, now I can't download app updates in iTunes either. Same repeating message offering download or cancel. Damn you Apple get your act together.

5. boxermansr thread starter macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Figured it out (searched and found the solution somewhere else, didn't save the link). Anyhow, in iTunes make sure you unhide purchases (at least the ones you're trying to update/download). I don't see how any of the apps I have already installed became hidden, but for example Chase Mobile -- it wouldn't update on the device or it iTunes. I went to my account settings in iTunes and viewed hidden purchases. I hit unhide on Chase Mobile and now it updates in iTunes and the device. There were a few others (Discover, PayPal, Facebook, and Amex) that wouldn't update either, "unhid" those and they updated as well now.