Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cable

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
I keep getting the same error:

"Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file's <ImageInstall> setting. Make sure the setting references a valid partition and restart the installation."

I have a new Mac Pro and I'm wondering if it has to do with my Sonnet SSD M.2 4x4 PCIe Card with x4 2tb Samsung SSD's?

My Windows 10 download is kept in my download files so when bootcamp asks me where it's stored that's where I'm pulling it from. Does it need to be on a USB stick or something like that?

Attachments

• IMG_4833.jpg
    IMG_4833.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 759

cable

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Anyone? Or at least anyone know another place to seek out help with this?

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Anyone? Or at least anyone know another place to seek out help with this?
Unfortunately not an answer to your problems.
Just to know that if you create a NTFS formatted partition you can boot from a Windows DVD from an external optical drive and install Windows in this way without the Bootcamp Assistant.
Some drivers have to been found afterwards but Windows 10 provides drivers for the harfware ir recognizes.

cable

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Unfortunately not an answer to your problems.
Just to know that if you create a NTFS formatted partition you can boot from a Windows DVD from an external optical drive and install Windows in this way without the Bootcamp Assistant.
Some drivers have to been found afterwards but Windows 10 provides drivers for the harfware ir recognizes.

so just burn the ISO to a DVD-R and in bootcamp assistant when it asks for location of the ISO choose from the DVD-R?

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
It says specifically in the spec pages that it does not support Windows/Linux booting. This is also reiterated on the product PDF. It looks as though Windows and Linux support is limited to using it as a data drive. Also macOS boot support is limited to JBOD.

cable

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
It says specifically in the spec pages that it does not support Windows/Linux booting. This is also reiterated on the product PDF. It looks as though Windows and Linux support is limited to using it as a data drive. Also macOS boot support is limited to JBOD.
So I should simply unplug the Sonnet? I only new Windows for a day or two anyway so if thats the workaround it sounds good

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.