Can't install Windows 32 bit in Bootcamp "Load drivers"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fightthepower22, Jul 14, 2012.

1. fightthepower22 macrumors newbie

Alright, so I am desperate, frustrated, and incredibly angry at my situation. I currently am running 3.0 bootcamp with a 15 in Mac 2010 10.6 OSX. I am able to get to the Windows instillation setup, however I am halted because I need to "load drivers." After reading many forums I am still stuck as to what to do. I cannot eject my disk and I have no idea where to get these drivers, much less how to get them to be recognized by windows. Someone please help as I am about a day from throwing my mac out of my window.

2. Lindono macrumors member

Last I checked, Boot Camp needed Windows XP SP2 or higher. If you have that, it should work, you then put in the Mac OS X Install DVD that came with your mac, and it should let you install all the drivers you need.

If this doesn't help, then where exactly do you get stuck?

3. fightthepower22 thread starter macrumors newbie

So what happens is I get into windows start up. I click the install now button and it starts up. It then directs me to a "load drivers" screen where it prompts me to insert the CD/Dvd with the correct drivers. I have copied the contents of the mac osx instillation disc to a flash drive because i cannot remove the disc at this point because my eject button (and entire keyboard) don't work. It can locate the usb and i can choose it but it still tells me that no drivers were found. This is where i am stuck.

4. FrenzyBanana macrumors regular

I have the same issue. Do you have a solution already? Any update?