Can't Install Windows In Bootcamp, Please Help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jumpman25, Aug 9, 2008.

1. jumpman25 macrumors regular

I'm trying to install Windows XP Professional on my 2.4GHz Macbook Pro. I created a partition with the bootcamp assistant, insert the Windows disc and click Start Installation. The computer reboots, the screen turns grey with no apple logo on it and the computer just ejects the disc. The screen stays grey until I turn the computer off. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks

2. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Does it have Service pack to slipstreamed into it? Like on the Cd does it have Windows Xp Pro with Service pack 2?

From memory it won't allow you to install it if it's pre sp2 and you can't use a upgrade version.

Do you have another mac you can try with this cd?

3. Keleko macrumors 68000

It definitely sounds like your install CD doesn't have SP2. You'll need to create an install with SP2 (search for XP service pack 2 slipstream in google to find out how).

4. jumpman25 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies. It does have SP2 with it. Also, I just set the hard drive back to the original state (removed the second partition and set it back to one partition), and the computer still thinks there are two partitions. If I just let the computer boot up the screen turns black it says please insert bootable disc. I have to hold down option key at boot to get into OSX. In the system preferences under startup disc it only shows one disc. Even when I had the second partition set up it still showed only one disc under startup disc. Anybody know what might be the cause of this?

5. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Have you got access to a external HDD? This is going a bit far but still. You could clone your current system to this external HDD using Carbon Cloner or Super Duper.

Boot of the drive make sure everything is there. Then boot of the Leopard DVD, nuke the drive reinstall leopard. Setup boot camp and try xp again.