Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpConroe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2017
Arbroath (UK) / Wroclaw (PL)
Hi.
I have couple of Windows games and I wanted to install original Windows 10 Home on my iMac.
But suddenly my Windows starts to give me a blue screen of death in every game.
I don't know what's going on. I installed Corsair RAM in to iMac, but both systems seen full amount memory. Only Windows causes problems. No issues on the macOS.
The other thing is, that I uninstall all graphic drivers and try install new from bootcampdrivers.com but the AMD installer said that there is no card in the iMac. But Windows installed some drivers automatically and it was working until today.
The Windows, after few BS disappeared from the Booting Menu. I decided to go with fresh install.
But what I have seen in second state of installation? Another blue screen!
Windows tried to repair itself but it says that it can't be done.
I gave up. I deleted the Windows partition and I don't know what to do... My iMac supposed to be my editing machine on macOS and gaming rig in Windows but I even can't install this f... system.
What I should do?
Why the fresh install doesn't work?
RAM is fine under macOS, no issues.
I have "old" Asus laptop which I can use as "gaming machine" (last year model with Skylake and terrible TN screen). I also have PS4 but it's not the same :( .

mpConroe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2017
Update: the RAM from Corsair is faulty. I experienced a crash on OS X to and decided to run memory test (Apple Diagnostics) and it says it "maybe there is a problem with memory module".

Corsair will came back to amazon :(.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I guess it is easy to make a mistake with the similar names: Corsair, or Crucial :D

(hint: get a refund on the Corsair RAM, and get Crucial instead. )

mpConroe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2017
Ok, so: I returned that one faulty RAM set and amazon sent me another pair of Corsair RAM and they are fine. I did Apple Diagnostics test and it shows something like "didn't find a problem" so I'm assuming that I will not have any problems with these new set of RAM.

Only one thing I was disappointed that I was waiting for the whole day on the Royal Mail parcel with new RAM and I received it today, one day after it should be in my hands.

Anyway, I'm happy that I have now 40GB RAM in my iMac. I have never such a cool computer like this ever in my life! Also, it's the largest capacity of RAM I have ever owned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.