cant install windows with bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mikki1211, May 18, 2012.

1. mikki1211 macrumors newbie

firstly i want to say i have been a mac osx user for one week now and i love it more and more. but this installing windows and bootcamp drives me mad, been searching the net and trying different guides for 2 days now.
    i got a macbook pro with 17" inch screen.

i launch bootcamp assistant download driver support and everything works just fine until I'm gonna divede the size of each partition. then i get the error massage "the installer disc could not be found"

-I've tried putting windows on a flash drive.
    -creating windows bootable flash drive.
    -tryed windows xp cd.
    -different windows 7 versions, and still nothing.
    -searched the net and tried loads of different guides / things(burn, Refit...)

when i have searched the internet many people say that i should just create a partition for windows and reboot then install windows, but the only thing i have is the "install" button, there is no option to just create a partition. i got boat camp version 4.0.3
    is there a way to downgrade bootcamp.

i hope that one of you mac-geniuses are able to help me before the mac goes out the windows (i live on 3th floor)

and the reason i want windows is because i got some software that just isn't able to run on osx.

2. murphychris macrumors 6502a

Read this and then tell us EXACTLY at which step where things go wrong.

What software? Are you sure it can't run in a virtual machine? Boot Camp is for games and things that don't perform well in a VM.