Can't iPhone Yellow Tint Be Fixed By Firmware?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Jul 11, 2008.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

im curious as to whether the yellow tint can be fixed, because i updated the firmware to the .7 version or w/e it was and it does seem to be less yellow, but my question is wouldn't they be able to fix it so its whiter? i mean isn' t it just a color balance, because its not like the ipod touches when they had the negative black effect.

What does anyone think will happen?

Also are there any Perfectly WHITE matching iPhone 3g's that have same exact colors as the 2g? or the 3g is a slightly yellow tint no matter what?

2. ramblintoad macrumors member

Both iPhones I purchased today have no tint whatsoever. It can't be a firmware issue.

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

have u compared it to a 1st generation iphone, because i think everyone has a slight tint to it. can u post picture to prove it by comparing it to the old iphone.

it may not be a firmware issue for you, but what about us. i think it should be easy to just fix a color problem. its not the screen isn't it part of the color waves or w/e the cues

4. bobbba macrumors regular

apple have said there's no fault with the screen. it's just got different gamma levels to make the screen look better than it did on the 1st gen iphone.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

yes, apple can control the iPhones tint.

Think of monitors and tv's. They can all be changed in contrast.

6. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

What is you build date on your two iphones?

7. thomasfxlt macrumors 6502

Better is subjective....even though I have no issue with the current iteration.

Apple should be able to allow some tiny app to shift the color temperature at the user level I think?

8. Chrysaor macrumors 6502

I remember there is an .icc profile inside the system files (saw it on my jailbroken 1.1.4), it might be possible to modify it or use an old one with jailbroken 3G.

9. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

i would like to know as well. my tint is barely noticeable. infact it is non existent if i turn the brightness up to about 20%. Only shows up at night when the brightness is pretty low. i am undecided as to whether i should exchange mine or not.

i have a week 27

10. Fuchal macrumors 68020

1. There is nothing to fix
    2. There is no such thing is "perfectly white", white looks different depending on what kind of lighting you have around it. In fact in the design world, we use what you would call a "yellow white" because it more accurately matches a white piece of paper looks like in real life.

Just use it for a day or so and don't look at your old iPhone screen and you will adjust and it will all look normal.

11. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

so everyone with a 3g iphone has a yellow tint, except for the white 3g's.

if the firmware decreased the yellow by a bit then apple can probably release an option to make it like the old iphone or like the current yellowish version

BTW did that apple guy really confirm the yellow screen issue was done on purpose.