Apple TV cant jailbreak this atv2 at all!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by j2048b, Jan 22, 2012.

1. j2048b macrumors 6502a

ok so i have tried this freaking stuff for way to many hours and wasted way to many days and STILL WONT WORK!!! i have been trying seasonpass and it gets stuck, tried to use itunes to restore, went to factory settings, i am ready to send this pos to someone and let them try it! after i thought i had it done, tried atv flash and it still says oops looks like the atv is not jailbroken! so i am done as of now, i cannot jailbreak this thing.

plus once i inplug the usb cable i have to run it into the other room in order to hook it up to the tv and stuff, not sure if this effects this?

it always gets stuck on seasonpass telling me the script failed, so i tried ttiny umbrella, de sellected a few things i read about in the firecore forum, and nothing! still wont jailbreak!

any suggestions?

2. testerdennis macrumors member

3. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup tried 5 different ones already, and can't jailbreak this!

4. jwm2 macrumors regular

This was my problem too, for some reason the cord i was using would not pass the data through correctly. I messed around with it for an hour before finally switching cables and then i had it jailbroken within minutes. I shook my head for what seemed like an eternity, lol.

----------

Also be sure to not plug in the power cord when jail breaking, only use the usb cord. The usb cord will pass through power to the unit.

5. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok cool, yeah im gonna have to buy a new micro usb cable then to try this again!