can't JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by canoad, Jan 24, 2011.

1. canoad macrumors newbie

Hi, I have iphone 3gs and tried to JB with Redsn0w but it did not work. I am not sure if it changed anything. I have latest software on iphone 4.2.1. I found my ipsw, don't know if it got changed by Redsn0w. Phone seems to work correctly, I even upgraded apps and syncd without problems. what do I use to JB now?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

PLease be more specific when you say "it didn't work"... What happen? did you get an error? did it crashed? ... how do you know it didn't work?

Redsn0w is the only tool that can JB 4.2.1 at the moment. Ton of people have done it so it works, we just need find exactly what is wrong in your case.

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

And when you come back with more info do an advanced search with keyword redsn0w and whatever happened.

5. canoad thread starter macrumors newbie

error

Sorry, can't recall the error word for word but basically it said it said there was an error and if I wanted to start over. I did try it again three times but kept getting the same error. I will read more on it here like its was suggested to see where I am going wrong.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I would suguess running it one more time and telling us the Error, saying that there was an "error" does not help anymore than saying "it didn't work". :rolleyes:

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Are you sure you had the correct ipsw? iPhone2,1_4.2.1.....

If you're using Windows Vista or 7 you have to run Redsn0w in XP Compatibility Mode.

8. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Yeah make sure the correct ipsw you download is for an iPhone 3GS.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga