Can't Keep All Folders Arranged Neatly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pyles, Mar 3, 2008.

1. pyles macrumors newbie

It seems every time I login or leave a window, I come back and Icons are all over the place, or if I resize they do not adjust down and fit so there is no horizontal scrolling.

How do I get OS X to keep all folders, no matter where they are or the types of files, to keep them ALL arranged. I have tried "Keep Arranged By" but they always seem to get messed up.

I want to be able to drag files from one folder to another and have them automatically line up in neat rows sorted how I want them.

How does one go about doing this?

Thank you.

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

In Finder, take a look under View in your Menubar and under Show View Options... there's an option in there to 'Snap to Grid' for those of us who like to have our folders and stuff neatly arranged.

3. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

set it to keep arranged by name and then click "use as defaults" for icon view

4. fansntt macrumors newbie

Yeap, the above advice worked for me. :) In finder click on the Task icon, then clicked in "show view options", then in the fourth grid you can choose how are the icons arranged. Finally click in "Use as Default.