Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Habitus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
Where ever my life takes me...
All,

I have a mid 2009 13" MBP running the latest version Lion.

I recently downloaded the trial version of Drive Genius Three; however, I have to perform a force quit as the application fails to respond each time I launch it.

Is anyone running Drive Genius 3 and, if so, has anyone experienced this same issue?

Hope I provided enough info.

Habitus :apple:

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
I have had similar issues running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, with the app requiring a lot of time to start, or activate one of the sub-routines. It looks like the app has crashed, but it will often recover given enough time. However, something has gone wrong, obviously after the latest rush of security or other updates, I don't know which is responsible. Probably will be fixed in a future update.
However, why even bother, Disk Warrior is so much better for repairing a disk or disk maintenance. The only feature required is the disk fragmentation part, and even that is debatable, as everone has their opinion about the need for that function. (spare us the comments here :eek: flame war incoming! :eek: )

Habitus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
Where ever my life takes me...
I have had similar issues running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, with the app requiring a lot of time to start, or activate one of the sub-routines. It looks like the app has crashed, but it will often recover given enough time. However, something has gone wrong, obviously after the latest rush of security or other updates, I don't know which is responsible. Probably will be fixed in a future update.
However, why even bother, Disk Warrior is so much better for repairing a disk or disk maintenance. The only feature required is the disk fragmentation part, and even that is debatable, as everone has their opinion about the need for that function. (spare us the comments here :eek: flame war incoming! :eek: )

Thanks for the update!

So, in your opinion, you recommend Disk Warrior over Drive Genius?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.