Can't left click... at all

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iBreaKurf4c3, Aug 18, 2008.

1. iBreaKurf4c3 macrumors newbie

So, I left my iMac alone for probably about 20 minutes and come back to it only to see that the computer looks like it has left clicked on it's own and I can't get it to let up, all I can do is drag my mouse around and highlight stuff on my desktop. I restarted my computer and now all I can do is right click. Needless to say, it's a pain because not everything can be right clicked. It's not my mouse, I've got 4 different mice in my house and all of them do the same thing. Anybody have any suggestions?

2. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

turn sticky keys off by pressing option button 5 times fast

3. m1stake macrumors 68000

Since you're a mac user you can't click at all!

"That joke is so OS9" :p

Check your prefs if you haven't already.

4. iBreaKurf4c3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sticky Keys you say? I seem to recall getting frustrated while I was trying to boot into my Windows I have running off boot camp and tapping option a few times after holding it in frustration, I'll try that after class. Greatly appreciated, sir.

5. iBreaKurf4c3 thread starter macrumors newbie

It doesn't look like it's sticky keys at all. When I first start my computer I have about a minute until I can't left click at all.

6. thecrackerjack macrumors member

Disk utility repair permissions? Just a thought I'm not a pro.

7. iBreaKurf4c3 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I ended up having to do an Archival Install, reinstallation of the operating system basically. Wasn't an issue that could be just magically fixed, only solution was reinstall.