Can't load iWork 09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by paulsenglish, Nov 1, 2012.

1. paulsenglish macrumors newbie

Hello

I've recently had a new 160GB HD fitted to my 2007 MacBook, but I can't install iWork 08 or 09. The system is running 10.6.8.

It says installation has failed every time, or if I go to Apple online to buy Pages, It tells me the computer is incompatible with the software.

Can anyone give me a clue how to go forward with this so I can do some work..... ?!

Thanks

Paul

2. James Craner, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012

James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

You will not be able to install iWork via the Mac App store as the Mac App Store needs you to be running at least Mac OS X 10.7.4 (Lion) for iWork. You should be able to install via Retail DVD. Do you have a copy of the original retail DVD or did you buy as a digital download from the trial?

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's not true. The Mac App Store requires 10.6.6 or later.

About the Mac App Store

4. James Craner, Nov 1, 2012

James Craner

That's the Mac App store generally, current versions of iWork in the Mac App Store require 10.7.4

Snapshot 01:11:2012 17:16.png

Screenshot is requirements from current version of Pages in Mac App Store.

-

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Gotcha. Your post made it sound like access to the Mac App Store required Lion. The OP also indicated they can't install iWork 08 or 09. iWork 08 works with 10.4.10 or later.

iWork: System Requirements

6. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Well, to be fair your post suggested that he could download iWork from the Mac App store using his current version of Mac OS X. That having being said I will agree that I could have worded my reply better, although I think most people would have realised it was in the context of iWork on the Mac App Store, that the OP said he tried and it refused him. I will amend my original post.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I only said the Mac App Store required 10.6.6 or later. I said nothing about iWork requirements in that post.

8. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

<Sigh> what is the title of the thread ?

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

My first post was clearly not responding to the thread title, but only to the statement that I specifically quoted, namely, "the Mac App Store needs you to be running at least Mac OS X 10.7.4 (Lion)." In that post, I made no reference to iWork system requirements or iWork at all. It's been corrected now, so I'm done.

10. James Craner, Nov 1, 2012

James Craner

Paul,

Given that you can't install iWork 08 or iWork 09, I presume you are using DVD's. Have you successfully installed any other applications via DVD (must be DVD's not CD's)? Might be your Superdrive has trouble reading the disks, as these will be two separate disks, it is unlikely that both have faults on them, so it could be dust on the read head. DVD's use a smaller pit size than CD so are likely to be more sensitive to dust contamination.

I had a Superdrive with that problem, would happily read CD's, but would give errors with DVD's. I tried to use a can of compressed air to clean the head, but did not work and I had to get the drive replaced.

11. paulsenglish thread starter macrumors newbie

Can't load iWork 09

Thanks, people

I'm trying to load with original discs.

I've been ignoring the fact that the drive makes what I can best describe as a disturbing "gu-cha-gu-cha" sound, but otherwise goes through the process ok.

I'll bring home a separate drive from the office to see if that noise is the problem.

Paul

12. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Yeah sounds like the Superdrive is on it's way out, hopefully your external drive will be the solution. Good Luck.