Can't load one particular website

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by temujin99, Nov 26, 2008.

1. temujin99 macrumors newbie

temujin99

There is a site I try to load - www.guiaroji.com.mx. No matter what method I use - from bookmark, google search or direct address input, (http:// or www. or both) this site will not load.

Doesn't matter which browser I use - safari, camino, opera, firefox - the message is the same - not connecting to this server blah blah.

My friend can upload easily on her computer - a pc with firefox. so the site is active.

Otherwise I have no problems - with my mac, my wireless internet connection (a hotspot which is very slow but otherwise ok), my life, my girlfriend ... it's just this one site that has singled me out for persecution.

Has it something to do with cookies or does someone hate me?

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Gordon

2. kasakka macrumors 68000

Your connection is possibly slow enough that the connection gets dropped when you try to contact the server. I tried opening the site and it opened fine but it took quite a while and I'm on a 100/10 Mbps connection here.

So I'd say it's a connection issue and nothing to do with your computer.

3. justind.clark macrumors member

You can try using a different browser and see if that helps. I just tried it with Firefox and it worked fine. I've found it useful to have multiple browsers for situations like this.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The site looks dead slow to me...

Firefox, 8MBps connection, took ~15-20s to load.

5. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I just opened it with Firefox, and my really slow USB 881b connection.

6. slotcarbob macrumors member

Make certain you allow cookies, and maybe not blocking popups. The site opens in Safari for me.

7. temujin99 thread starter macrumors newbie

temujin99

Thanks Guys!

I think it's very possible it's a slow connection issue. It's the same with alternative browsers - I alternatively use Opera, Firefox and sometimes Camino in addition to my main Safari.

I shall also try unblocking pop ups.

Another suggestion is to use the actual address - which seems to work better. Wonder why?

Happy Thanksgiving but spare a thought for turkeys everywhere.:rolleyes:

Gordon