Can't locate the IM+ application in SSH directory

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by haiggy, Mar 30, 2009.

1. haiggy macrumors 65816

Hey guys,
    Just jailbroke my iPod yesterday and I have SSH'd into my iPod and the app "IM+" and instant messenger app isn't located under the "Applications" folder. I have no idea where else it could be I have tried looking anywhere. I would like to change the icon manually. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Did you go to the /private/var/mobile/Applications folder? You'll see folders with long strings of letters and numbers. In each folder is an Application_Name.app folder and in there should be an icon.png file. :)

3. haiggy thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah yes, I did thanks... I just thought there'd be an easier way then going through every one of them. I figured it out though, I just placed an icon in my theme package and named it the name of the app and it worked fine.

Thanks though

4. BeSweeet macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

This is kind of off-topic, but go into the folder for IM+ and open /Documents/implus_accounts.plist with Wordpad or TextEdit, and you'll see that your username and passwords aren't encrypted in any way. Just thought I could share that with you. I made a blog post about it on my blog (http://is.gd/q9I2). I emailed the developers of IM+ and they said that they will secure that information in the next version of IM+.