Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlindGoldfish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
I tried to make a folder write-only, then save my preferences by locking the folder and securing changes, but I can still change it from write only to read only in the information section. Any idea what is going on?

BlindGoldfish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
You've got admin privileges... of course you can change it back...

Right. But I can change it back without unlocking the "make changes" lock on the lower right hand corner of the info about the folder. Basically I want to lock it down so even if someone is using my account, they can't get into the folder without my password. I thought I was able to do this with Leopard.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Right. But I can change it back without unlocking the "make changes" lock on the lower right hand corner of the info about the folder. Basically I want to lock it down so even if someone is using my account, they can't get into the folder without my password. I thought I was able to do this with Leopard.

*NIX permissions don't work that way. The only way to password protect a folder in OSx is to put the folder into a password protected image (dmg).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.