Can't Log in! Help Please!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by laxboy764, Dec 20, 2012.

1. laxboy764 macrumors newbie

Hi all, I have a Macbook dual processor that originally came with Tiger, but now is running Snow Leopard. I think I may have a virus because after downloading a file off the internet, I can't log in anymore. Every time I type my password in (correctly) a blue screen pops up, and it immediately kicks me back to the login screen. It does the same thing when I try to log in in safe mode. If possible I'd like to keep all of my files and info, but if needed I can wipe it out. I no longer have the Snow Leopard CD, so if I do need to wipe my computer, I'd like to do everything possible to do it without deleting Snow Leopard and restoring it back to Tiger. I DO have the Snow Leopard start up disk for a Macbook Pro if that makes a difference. How can I fix this?? Please help!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are no Mac OS X viruses in the wild, and there never has been. There are a handful of trojans, but none that create the symptoms you're describing.
    Make sure your caps lock is not on. Also, what message, if any, appears on the blue screen?
    The grey install discs that come with Macs are model-specific and will not work on other models. You can buy a SL disc here.