Can't log in with Safari 4.1.3 to macrumors

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Cox Orange, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

Everytime, I try to log in via Safari, I get a blank page after hiting enter. (the title then says "about:blank")

With TenFourFox everything works. But I use Safari for certain stuff/reasons, too and I don't want to switch/open the other browser all the time.

2. weckart macrumors 68040

There were problems earlier today accessing the forum on any platform.

3. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

I had this everytime the last days and still.

Also I now noticed that in the upper right it says "log out", allthough I am not logged-in and the light under the avatar is grey, too.
    When I then press on log out (just assuming that would cure it), it says "problems occured, logging out, press here". But that doesn't log me out as well.
    So, if I am logged in, I should be able to post and see my status as green (online), but I always get the "password and username" window. I type it in and press enter and get "about:blank" again.

No problems with TenFourFox.

Edit: in TFFx it says log out in the upper right corner as well, but I am logged off. Pressing "Log out" doesn't work here as well. BUT! I can type in my username and password and press enter and I can edit and write messages. My online-status is still grey, though.

Do I have to tell no-script to not block servepages com and leadpages net?

4. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

Forgot about this thread, but my Safari Problems haven't disappeared on any day I tried, so this is not a maintenance issue of a single day.

Everytime I logg in, I get a blank "about:blank" page. I have to push the back button and then hit "post answer" again. When I send the answer to a thread, I get the white page again and have to go back, then go to the Thread form the main overview and click refresh.

In TenFourFox / Firefox the only problem is, that it shows "log out" in the upper rigth corner, indicating I was logged in, which I am not. Pressing it, doesn't change anything.

I wonder, why I am the only person having problems with safari. I mean I use T4FX anyway, but...

5. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

6. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

You say you have NoScript? Try turning it off

7. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

10.4 but if there is a Safari+10.4 related problem, I think there should be more users.
    Hm, that won't help with Safari.

8. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

I have my iBook on 10.4.11, I'll test out safari with MR and let you know later.

9. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

I was getting the same issue on the TiBook earlier in the week. 10.4.11, whatever the latest version of Safari is that it'll run.

10. Dronecatcher macrumors 68020

Dronecatcher

I got same last month with Safari 4.1.3 on Tiger - just tried it again now and same result.

11. gooser macrumors 6502a

i tried logging in with safari and had the same problem. never would've known it if not for this thread as i no longer use safari.

12. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for all the reports!
    I was starting to believe either my install is getting wonky or I am just stupid. :)