Can't log in with Safari 4.1.3 to macrumors

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
Everytime, I try to log in via Safari, I get a blank page after hiting enter. (the title then says "about:blank")

With TenFourFox everything works. But I use Safari for certain stuff/reasons, too and I don't want to switch/open the other browser all the time.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
There were problems earlier today accessing the forum on any platform.
I had this everytime the last days and still.

Also I now noticed that in the upper right it says "log out", allthough I am not logged-in and the light under the avatar is grey, too.
When I then press on log out (just assuming that would cure it), it says "problems occured, logging out, press here". But that doesn't log me out as well.
So, if I am logged in, I should be able to post and see my status as green (online), but I always get the "password and username" window. I type it in and press enter and get "about:blank" again.

No problems with TenFourFox.

Edit: in TFFx it says log out in the upper right corner as well, but I am logged off. Pressing "Log out" doesn't work here as well. BUT! I can type in my username and password and press enter and I can edit and write messages. My online-status is still grey, though.

Do I have to tell no-script to not block servepages com and leadpages net?

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
Forgot about this thread, but my Safari Problems haven't disappeared on any day I tried, so this is not a maintenance issue of a single day.

Everytime I logg in, I get a blank "about:blank" page. I have to push the back button and then hit "post answer" again. When I send the answer to a thread, I get the white page again and have to go back, then go to the Thread form the main overview and click refresh.

In TenFourFox / Firefox the only problem is, that it shows "log out" in the upper rigth corner, indicating I was logged in, which I am not. Pressing it, doesn't change anything.

I wonder, why I am the only person having problems with safari. I mean I use T4FX anyway, but...

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
I was getting the same issue on the TiBook earlier in the week. 10.4.11, whatever the latest version of Safari is that it'll run.

gooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2013
i tried logging in with safari and had the same problem. never would've known it if not for this thread as i no longer use safari.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
Thanks for all the reports!
I was starting to believe either my install is getting wonky or I am just stupid. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.