Can't log in?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DaLockRock, Oct 29, 2011.

1. DaLockRock macrumors newbie

So, we got some macbooks from school a while ago, and recently mine had to be wiped. Whenever I try to login from home, the dot is red, and it rejects my password. But at school I am connected to the network, the dot is green and I can log in. And when I go to my software updates at home it says the software update server is not availiable! Help would very much be appreciated!

Signing off,

--DaLockRock

2. simsaladimbamba

I guess, with the "red" and "green" dot you mean the dots in System Preferences > Network?
    [​IMG]

Do you have the same network (wireless I presume?) at home and at school, or do you mean something else entirely where you want to login, but can't?

Also, what Mac and Mac OS X version do you use?

3. DaLockRock thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not too sure about all of this, so I will post some screenshots, I hope they help! (Sorry, I dont know much..) Oh, and scotch is my school, just so you understand the pictures...And flying cow is my home network

http://imageshack.us/g/215/screenshot20111030at125.png/

EDIT: OsX 10.6.7

4. simsaladimbamba, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011

simsaladimbamba

I don't know anything about networked accounts, as this seems to be the case.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since your school provided you with the image of the OS they put onto your Mac, can't they also help you with such issues? Do they have a FAQ available?