Can't log into iCloud: Verification Failed - Your username or password is incorrect.

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by RyuX51, Jun 25, 2015.

1. RyuX51 macrumors newbie

RyuX51

When I try to log into iCloud, I get the following error:

Code:
    Verification Failed
    Your username or password is incorrect.

Yes, I double- and triple-checked and I copy and pasted. Username and password are correct. I also tried the alternative e-mail-adresses (icloud.com. me.com). Nothing.
    I can login in iTunes, however App Store also doesn't work.

2. RyuX51 thread starter macrumors newbie

RyuX51

When upgrading to DP2 I was asked in the Upgrade wizard my iCloud login, this worked. (I deleted iCloud in Internet Accounts nonetheless because of the problems I had before and wanted to recreate it - stupid idea.) Can I somehow re-run this Wizard? I know about deleting the .AppleSetupDone, but this reruns the complete Installation Wizard where I have to create a new user. I don't want that, I just want that "Setup Wizard light" that is called after upgrading on a new DP build.
    Does anyone knows a way to accomplish this?

3. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

I would try messing with ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant.plist

4. RyuX51 thread starter macrumors newbie

RyuX51

This is a great hint, thanks. I like the key "DidSeeCloudSetup". However, I played with the booleans of this file, none of them has an effect in my case... :/

5. RyuX51 thread starter macrumors newbie

RyuX51

Your post helped me to notice the executable /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/SharedSupport/SetupAssistantSpringboard which helped me a big way.
    Read more here: https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/18778

6. camiledr macrumors newbie

camiledr

I'm experiencing the same problem. I wonder if you can help me to solve this?