Resolved Can't log into Wunderlist on Powerbook G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by RedTomato, Feb 23, 2014.

1. RedTomato, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014

RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Hiya,

I can't log into the Wunderlist website on my Powerbook G4 15'' 1.5ghz (running 10.5 Leopard).

(Wunderlist is a free shared to-do list that really helps to co-ordinate our voluntary team)

I've installed TenFourFox, as well as the native Safari but I've struggled to even get the website login window to appear. Perhaps I have some settings wrong?

Both TenFourFox and Safari are able to show Wunderlist's public pages quite easily, but clicking on 'log-in' will do one of three things, apparently at random:

- nothing
    - Max CPU for a few minutes (I have Activity Monitor on) then back to nothing
    - Max CPU indefinitely (once I left it for an hour, and CPU was still maxed)

Once, just once, in one of my first few tries, the login overlay appeared, and I promptly typed in the wrong login password, and then for some reason I refreshed the page. I've never been able to get the login overlay to appear again :(

Any help?

RedTomato

2. harrymatic macrumors 6502

The built-in Webkit framework that Safari uses is really outdated now, try installing the 'Leopard Webkit' browser - it's worked with every site I've tried, including the one you mentioned.

3. AmestrisXServe macrumors 6502

Good call on the Webkit for Leopard, although it is also just as likely that the website uses poor code to function.

Something this straightforward doesn't need anything outside of an XML or SQL database to operate, and a very basic JAVA RTE frontend, or Javascript 1.1 enabled code for a frontend.

I suspect that whomever is serving this is possibly using bad code, or worse, malicious code that is breaking older browsers. It would probably not work in any my newer browsers, due to a variety of security tools killing it. :D

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

On Mavericks, it asks to store to the hard drive. It's not showing me that on my iMac on Leopard. That could be something.

5. RedTomato thread starter macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Many thanks for all the replies. Harry was right - Leopard Webkit was the solution. Wunderlist works fine now. Thanks Harry. Another tool for my toolkit.

Cheers all.