Cant log out from icloud on Mac OS

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by itai, Jun 5, 2014.

1. itai macrumors member

Hello. I am trying to log out from iCloud on Mac OS (from Settings ==> iCloud) and getting the following error: Your iCloud account couldn’t be removed at this time.Sign out of iCloud is not allowed by Parental Controls.

I have never set up any parental controls (dont have kids yet ) so not sure how to handle that. There doesnt seem to be any relevant info online about this issue. Appreciate any help or guidance.

Not sure if it's related, but I am on Yosemite. I believe it was there beforehand.

Cheers.

2. Jwalsh98, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014

Jwalsh98 macrumors newbie

I got the public beta and I'm having the same issue.

*EDIT*
    Found a solution:
    Create another admin account
    Log on to said admin account
    Go into users
    Select your account
    Uncheck parental controls box

Afterwards you can delete the extra account you made if you so choose.

However now I just can't log out period. It freezes after I select sign out. Apple sure doesn't want you signing out of iCloud...

3. Captain.Pilot macrumors newbie

Captain.Pilot

I found this *ucking problem.. I was trying everything that i can do and at this time I fix it myself.. Let me explain..

Go to the settings and Users & Groups then right click your user account and advanced options..
    In there you will see the aliases.. There's a mail address that witch one you want to log off from your icloud.. Just erase it and click ok.. Thats it..

Good luck guys..