Cant login after 10.5.3

Discussion in 'macOS' started by moez, May 29, 2008.

1. moez macrumors regular

After I upgraded to 10.5.3 and restarted my computer, my computer started acting erratically with it sucking up all my hard drive space (around 5-7GB). After the system became unresponsive I restarted and now I can not login to my primary account.

I can log in to my guest account to to another account which I rarely used but not my primary account. Any idea how to get it back? The password is accepted but then it comes back to the same screen!

:confused:

2. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

I saw the thread title and was about to come in and say that I had the same thing, but your problem is clearly waaaaaaay more disturbing than mine...

So the guest account doesn't have authority to poke around in your primary account files or the system folders, and I take it you don't have a secondary account with admin privileges, so, uh... is there some 'super admin' account, like on Windows? Or do you have another Mac you can use to hack into the broken one remotely? Boot from DVD maybe? :confused:

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Boot from your original install disk and use the disk utility to repair permissions. When thats done shut down the computer and restart then try to log in using your normal account.