Can't Login or Access Account Info on Mac App Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DerfBWH, Jan 6, 2011.

1. DerfBWH macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm unable to either login or access account info on the Mac App Store. I click "Login" or "Account" from the sidebar and absolutely nothing happens. I sit and wait, thinking perhaps it's just a little slow, and nothing. Anybody else having this issue and is there any way to fix it?

Thanks!

2. vultureboy macrumors member

vultureboy

Did you by any chance have the beta of 10.6.6 installed before today and did a reversion to upgrade to the app store version of 10.6.6?

3. DerfBWH thread starter macrumors regular

4. vultureboy macrumors member

vultureboy

Awesomes, in that case it's a semi quick fix! :D

First of all, download this file...

http://cdn.dk101.net/mapstore/CommerceKit.framework.zip

Unzip it!

Navigate to the following directory in finder

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks

Delete the folder (you may wanna back it up first ofc)

CommerceKit.framework

Unzip the file you downloaded and copy the CommerceKit.framework into the same place you deleted it from.

Close down the Mac App Store (if you hadn't already) and then open it up. You should be able to log in fine now.

The reason I say it's only a semi fix is that you'll notice that a few of the button names have place holders and to get a true fix we'll have to wait on Apple. However, you can now log in and download to your heart's content! :D

5. DerfBWH, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011

DerfBWH thread starter macrumors regular

Drat, didn't work for me. :-( Very odd. Thanks anyways, though!
    EDIT: Apologies, a quick reboot and it worked! Thanks very much!

6. vultureboy macrumors member

vultureboy

Awesome, thanks for the update and enjoy the app store! :D

7. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

8. macteo macrumors newbie

macteo

9. Arwy macrumors newbie

I tried but it didn't work for me. Even a reboot didn't help. Do you have any other ideas how to fix it? I feel like I'm on deserted island away from civilization because everyone can access App Store but me. :(

10. vultureboy macrumors member

vultureboy

Open up your console app (Applications/Utilities/Console), Open up the Mac App store. Clear the Display on your Console and click the Log In button. See if you get any error messages in the console that may explain the problem. Post any error messages here :)

Also, are you using Server edition of Mac OS? If so then that could be an issue, if this is the case then I wrote an article in my Blog explaining how to extract the CommerceKit.framework, you could try that method but on the 10.6.6 Server download :)

http://dk101.net/2011/01/06/installing-the-mac-app-store-after-using-10-6-6-beta/

11. Arwy macrumors newbie

@vultureboy

Thank you so much for your reply. I tried doing as you said. Here is the error message I get:

1/12/11 1:13:54 PM com.apple.SystemUIServer.agent[125] objc[125]: Class FRDebugLogManager is implemented in both /Applications/App Store.app/Contents/PlugIns/DockTile.docktileplugin/Contents/MacOS/DockTile and /Users/arwy/Desktop/App Store.app/Contents/PlugIns/DockTile.docktileplugin/Contents/MacOS/DockTile. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    1/12/11 1:13:54 PM com.apple.SystemUIServer.agent[125] objc[125]: Class FRDockTileManager is implemented in both /Applications/App Store.app/Contents/PlugIns/DockTile.docktileplugin/Contents/MacOS/DockTile and /Users/arwy/Desktop/App Store.app/Contents/PlugIns/DockTile.docktileplugin/Contents/MacOS/DockTile. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    1/12/11 1:13:54 PM com.apple.SystemUIServer.agent[125] objc[125]: Class FRLogItem is implemented in both /Applications/App Store.app/Contents/PlugIns/DockTile.docktileplugin/Contents/MacOS/DockTile and /Users/arwy/Desktop/App Store.app/Contents/PlugIns/DockTile.docktileplugin/Contents/MacOS/DockTile. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    1/12/11 1:13:54 PM com.apple.SystemUIServer.agent[125] objc[125]: Class FRDebugLogManager is implemented in both /Applications/App Store.app/Contents/PlugIns/DockTile.docktileplugin/Contents/MacOS/DockTile and /Users/arwy/Desktop/App Store.app/Contents/PlugIns/DockTile.docktileplugin/Contents/MacOS/DockTile. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

No, I don't use the Mac OS X server version. It's just a regular Mac OS 10.6.6.

12. vultureboy macrumors member

vultureboy

Don't seem to be able to re-produce the error message but I do seem to be able to re-produce your error.

Judging by the error log you gave you seem to have two copies of the app store app. One in your normal Applications folder and another one on your desktop, presumably both have run at some point and have left parts of themselves in memory causing some conflicts.

I copied my app store app to the desktop and this did indeed seem to stop me from able to log in to the app store however didn't give me any error messages in the console.

So I would suggest..

Delete the App Store app from your desktop.
    Do a secure empty trash (cmd+right click trash icon in dock)
    Then reboot or log out of your machine

Hopefully that should fix your problem.