Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smcsween

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Hello!
Hopefully someone can help me with this problem. I have searched the forum but nothing seems to work.
I was able to access this specific website for months using my mac - both on firefox and safari.
Recently, it won't let me sign it. It just loads for 5 minutes or so then gives me a network timeout error.
However, I am able to access the site on internet explorer using my PC.
Could someone please kindly help me in fixing this issue that miraculously appeared?

Would appreciate any help

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Have you reset Safari and Firefox yet?

What specific browser versions do you use anyway? Have you updated them recently?

Can you offer a link to that specific website, maybe someone here is using it too?

smcsween

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Have you reset Safari and Firefox yet?

What specific browser versions do you use anyway? Have you updated them recently?

Can you offer a link to that specific website, maybe someone here is using it too?

Sorry, I am such a novice. How do I go about resetting safari and firefox. I have resent my whole computer by taking the battery out, holding down the power key for about 10 seconds but that didn't work.

I had recently updated my firefox to the latest version but then downgraded it back to 3.0.19 because I had contacted support for the website I was trying to access and they told me that they didn't support the newest firefox yet.. the downgrade still didn't work.

The site is a health and wellness website called Melaleuca. My business partner has a mac and tried accessing my account and had no problem from her location.

I don't know what else to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.