Can't Login to Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bob Chadwick, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Bob Chadwick macrumors member

Recently I have been unable to login in to the Apple store. This occurs both on my desktop and on WiFI connected Touch's.

When I try to login on via the computer, I get a password error message. When I hit the reset password button I get taken to the Apple site where after a short time I get a message, Sorry, unknown error.

Anybody have the same problem and a solution.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I'm not clear if you're referring to the Apple Online Store @ store.apple.com or the iTunes Store accessed via the iTunes application on a computer and the iTunes app on an iPod touch? It honestly sounds like an AppleID issue in either event. Is the site you're redirected to iforgot.apple.com?

3. Bob Chadwick thread starter macrumors member

I am referring to the store in Itunes but I can't get in through on the Touch either. When I attempt to log in through the store in Itunes I get the error message "Your Apple ID or password was entered incorrectly".

I then click the "Forgot Password" button on the login popup from Itunes and am taken to a page, not the iforgot.apple.com page, and get the error message " Sorry! An unknown error occurred. [Fri Oct 23 01:21:56 GMT 2009]".

If I go directly to iforgot.apple.com and enter my user name, I get directed to the same page with the same error message.

I have read numerous web entries with users having the same problem. They have emailed Apple and haven''t gotten any help. No one seems to have come up with a solution.