Can't login to iCloud!

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by virginblue4, Nov 7, 2015.

1. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I decided to change my Apple ID password yesterday which I do once or twice a year, and I seem to be having problems with iCloud on my mac.

When I sign it, it's all fine but it logs me out 5 seconds later. Every single time! It keeps asking me to enter my password after logging me out. I don't know what to do?

See attached screenshots - One showing me logged in, the next sign me to enter password.

Attached Files:

• 2.1.jpg
      2.1.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 2.2.jpg
      2.2.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  2. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

If I login and quickly click on another button it seems to keep me logged in. At least I can use it now. Very strange!

3. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I have a similar situation. My case is: if I keep the iCloud panel there, I will not be logged out, perhaps indefinitely. But when I leave to do something, and check it back, I find I have been logged out.
    And yeah, all applications are able to utilise iCloud including handoff and continuity so I don't mind that much.

4. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

Try the following:

1) If you are using any security, antivirus, or 3rd party firewalls on your mac then uninstall them.
    2) Open the iCloud preference pane and log out of iCloud
    3) Reboot the Mac
    4) Open a browser, visit https://appleid.apple.com/ , make sure that you can successfully login to your account using your new password
    5) If so, then open the iCloud preference pane and try logging in to iCloud again.