Can't Login With Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JCASHDAKID, Jan 11, 2008.

1. JCASHDAKID macrumors newbie

I just installed leopard and for some reason even after I changed my password it won't allow me to login. I already did the change password route via Ultlities anyone have any advice on what to do??

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Worst comes to worst, put the Leopard DVD back in, boot up into the installer, and do a Reset Password utility.

4. JCASHDAKID thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the dvd just purchased today I did the reset password utility still no avail. I have a Macbook pro I installed it twice still no use cant login at all the window just shakes after i put the username and password in. Is there a way to change the username and password maybe that might be the problem?

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The Reset Password Utility does change the password... Have you tried using an external keyboard, in case one of your keys is not being recognised properly?

6. DukeofAnkh macrumors regular

Is your keyboard layout set to anything other than American? (so you have a non-american flag on your menu bar?) This happened to me when I didn't realise that Brittish and American keyboard layouts are slightly different.

When you go into password utility with the DVD try changing the regional settings to whatever you intend to use when you log on (as far as I can see, these are automatically American if you chose English, in spite of your set up).